PNWPBSA OFFICIAL BY-LAWS
1. The name of the organization will be Pacific Northwest Professional Baseball Scouts Association
2. Membership in this organization will be limited to scouts from Major League Baseball organizations who have a paid amateur scout residing in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, or Western Canada (BC & AB). Membership is limited to those in good standing (dues paid in full).
3. The annual membership meeting of this organization will be held in the fall (September-October) of each year.
4. The secretary will notify each and every member in good standing by either e-mail or regular mail a notice outlining the time and place of this meeting.
5. Regular meetings will be held in a common location that suitably serves all members.
6. The presence of not less than 20% of the members shall constitute a quorum and be necessary to conduct business in a general meeting.
7. Special meetings may be called by the president when he deems it to be in the best interest of the organization. Notice will be sent out at least 10 days prior to such a meeting. Such notice will state the reasons the meeting was called, the business to be transacted, and by whom it was called.
8. In addition, the president shall call a special meeting if (60%) of the board members or (25%) of the general members request such meeting. All members will be notified 10 days prior to the scheduled date of such meeting. No other business but that specified in the notice may be transacted at such special meeting without the unanimous consent of all present at such meeting.
9. At all meetings, except for the election of officers and directors, all votes will be by voice. For election of officers and directors, ballots will be provided. At any regular or special meeting, if a majority so requires, any question may be voted on by ballot procedure. At all votes by ballot, the president will, prior to the ballot, appoint a committee of three who will count and certify the results.
10. Order of business for meetings will be the following: Roll call, reading of minutes from preceding meeting, any committee reports, any officer or director reports, old and unfinished business, new business, adjourn.
11. The business of this organization shall be managed by a board of directors consisting of 3 members together with the officers of this organization (President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer).
12. The directors to be chosen for the ensuing year shall be chosen at the annual meeting by ballot and will serve for two years.
13. The board of directors and officers shall have the control and management of the affairs and business of this organization. 4 out of 7 of the board members and officers (a majority) shall constitute a quorum for voting purposes. Each director and officer shall have one vote and such vote may not be done by proxy.
14. The board of directors and officers may make such rules and regulations covering its meetings as it may, in its discretion, determine necessary.
15. Vacancies in the board of directors or officers shall be filled by a vote of the remaining board members and officers for the balance of the term.
16. The president of this organization, by virtue of his office, shall be chairman of the board of directors.
17. A director or officer may be removed when sufficient cause exists for such removal. Removal will come from a majority vote of the other directors and officers.
18. No officer or board member, by reason of his title, shall be entitled to receive any compensation or salary. However, nothing herein shall be construed to prevent an officer or director for receiving compensation from the organization for duties or services other than as a director or officer.
19. The dues for this organization will be $150.00 per year and shall be payable at the fall general meeting or during the calendar year January 1st through October 31st. Dues are to be used for the purpose of general operating costs, including but not limited to: website operation, PNWPBSA directory, stationary/mailing, etc.
20. The by-laws cannot be altered, amended, repealed, or added to, except by affirmative vote of not less than 20% of the members.
21. As money is dispersed, a majority of board members (4/7) need to be in approval, except for those monetary requirements that are considered to be supply oriented or operational - in that case, the President has authorization to direct the treasurer without a majority vote.
Board of Directors (though Oct. 31, 2019)
President — Matt Pignataro (Colorado Rockies)
Vice President — Dan Ramsay (Arizona Diamondbacks)
Treasurer — Zach Friedman (Philadelphia Phillies)
Secretary — Conor Glassey (Cleveland Indians)
Director — Shawn Whalen (Milwaukee Brewers)
Director — Larry Casian (San Francisco Giants)
Director — Jim Reeves (New York Mets)
Professional Baseball Scouts Association